Thursday 14 April 2016

Eureka Miniatures Tripod

So I purchased a Eureka miniatures tripod to make an Overseer for the All Quiet on the Martian Front game.

As you can see from the pics the kit is massive



I however would not recommend this kit.

I have built plenty of different kist over the years from large lead multipart dragons to Forgeworld titans. This kit may look great in the photos but it has to be the worst designed kit I have ever purchased.

I have to assume that the pictures I have seen of the finished models either had strengthen legs or were made of a different resin.  The legs are much to bendy and thin to take the weight of the hood.  After pinning glueing and trying several different ways including the ways in the instructions getting to stand right is a near impossibility.  If you do get it to stand right there is no way you could move it around the table in a wargame.

The only way I can see of using this kit is to make some legs out of metal tubing and then probably cover them in clay to make them look better.  After spending a week of my spare time trying to get this model to look right I can say I am not inclined to try at the moment so will be going back in it box for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment